Indian-Russian armies to conduct joint exercise
New Delhi: Indian Army personnel will
participate in a war-game with their Russian counterparts in a
joint exercise to be held close to Moscow`s boundary with
China and Mongolia next year to increase inter-operability
between the two armies.
The fourth round of INDRA series of army-to-army exercise
between the two countries will be held next year in Russia.
The decision was taken recently during discussions with a
nine-member Russian delegation, Army officials said here
The exercise will be conducted in `Cheetah` training
range in East Russia, close to Mongolia-China border, they
The two sides have also decided to make INDRA series of
joint army exercises an annual affair, which will be held
alternatively in India and Russia, the officials said.
So far India and Russia have conducted three rounds of
INDRA exercises. The first such exercise was carried out in
2005 in Rajasthan, followed by Prshkov in Russia. The third
exercise was conducted in Chaubattia in Kumaon hills some time
The exercise is aimed at increasing the inter-operability
and mutual understanding between the two armies. It is part of
a wide spectrum of ongoing defence cooperation between the two
countries, officials said.
Decisions regarding the army unit which will participate
in the exercise will be taken in due course of time, they
During the past exercises both the countries have gained
significantly with each other`s experiences of anti-militancy
and anti-terrorist operations in different terrains.
The exercise aims at learning from each other`s expertise
in counter-terrorism in urban environment as both India and
Russia have significant experience of anti-terrorism
operations, officials said.
Besides the army-to-army exchanges, the two countries
have also conducted naval exercises under the INDRA series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog