Indian-Russian armies to conduct joint exercise
New Delhi: Indian Army personnel will
participate in a war-game with their Russian counterparts in a
joint exercise to be held close to Moscow`s boundary with
China and Mongolia next year to increase inter-operability
between the two armies.
The fourth round of INDRA series of army-to-army exercise
between the two countries will be held next year in Russia.
The decision was taken recently during discussions with a
nine-member Russian delegation, Army officials said here
The exercise will be conducted in `Cheetah` training
range in East Russia, close to Mongolia-China border, they
The two sides have also decided to make INDRA series of
joint army exercises an annual affair, which will be held
alternatively in India and Russia, the officials said.
So far India and Russia have conducted three rounds of
INDRA exercises. The first such exercise was carried out in
2005 in Rajasthan, followed by Prshkov in Russia. The third
exercise was conducted in Chaubattia in Kumaon hills some time
The exercise is aimed at increasing the inter-operability
and mutual understanding between the two armies. It is part of
a wide spectrum of ongoing defence cooperation between the two
countries, officials said.
Decisions regarding the army unit which will participate
in the exercise will be taken in due course of time, they
During the past exercises both the countries have gained
significantly with each other`s experiences of anti-militancy
and anti-terrorist operations in different terrains.
The exercise aims at learning from each other`s expertise
in counter-terrorism in urban environment as both India and
Russia have significant experience of anti-terrorism
operations, officials said.
Besides the army-to-army exchanges, the two countries
have also conducted naval exercises under the INDRA series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur