Indian sailor rescued from mid sea near Goa
Panaji: Indian Coast Guard on Thursday rescued an Indian sailor on board of a merchant navy ship off the Goa coast following a medical emergency.
Yelaka Ganesh, a crew member of MT Pacific Voyager vessel, which was on passage from Saudi Arabia, was reported to be seriously ill following which the ICG dispatched a helicopter to rescue him, a Coast Guard spokesperson said.
"ICG ship C-148 was also kept standby for sailing in case of further emergencies," he said.
The ICG helicopter took off in the early hours today for evacuation, and braving inclement weather professionally manoeuvred the helicopter landing it on the merchant navy vessel, he said.
Ganesh has been handed over to the local agent for further medical treatment, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city