Indian sailor rescued from mid sea near Goa
Panaji: Indian Coast Guard on Thursday rescued an Indian sailor on board of a merchant navy ship off the Goa coast following a medical emergency.
Yelaka Ganesh, a crew member of MT Pacific Voyager vessel, which was on passage from Saudi Arabia, was reported to be seriously ill following which the ICG dispatched a helicopter to rescue him, a Coast Guard spokesperson said.
"ICG ship C-148 was also kept standby for sailing in case of further emergencies," he said.
The ICG helicopter took off in the early hours today for evacuation, and braving inclement weather professionally manoeuvred the helicopter landing it on the merchant navy vessel, he said.
Ganesh has been handed over to the local agent for further medical treatment, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report