Indian security officers trained in preventing terror attack
Hyderabad: Select officers from Indian
security agencies on Friday completed a two-week training course
at the National Industrial Security Academy (NISA) on
preventing terrorist attacks conducted by American trainers.
A batch of officers from National Security Guards
(NSG), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Central
Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and others were trained in
preventing terrorist attacks on soft targets, a release from
the US Consulate in Hyderabad said.
The American trainers used a combination of lectures,
case studies, practical and field exercises to introduce the
participants to responding to terrorist attacks on soft
targets during the two-week training course held between
November 9 and 20 at NISA here.
"This training represents the commitment of the United
States and India to coordinate on counter terrorism efforts,
including intelligence and law enforcement. Increased training
is a component of this commitment," the release said.
The US Consul General Cornelis Keur distributed
certificates of completion to the 12 Indian security officials
at a function today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory