Indian sentenced to death in UAE for murdering a female
Dubai: A 28-year-old Indian man has been sentenced to death by a court in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for murdering a housewife last year.
The court of first instance in Dubai found the accused, an accountant by profession, guilty of killing the woman by slitting her throat in her house at Bur Dubai here and then decamping with jewellery, the Khaleej Times reported Tuesday.
According to the report, the man, whose identity has not been revealed in the report, had gone to the woman’s house in September last year and asked for the purchase receipt of a second-hand washing machine that he had bought from the latter’s husband.
The woman, however, refused and told him to come back after her husband returned.
However, the accused fooled the victim into giving him a glass of water and entered the house.
When she returned with a glass of water, the accused took her by surprise and slit her throat with a knife he had bought earlier in the day.
The man, who was facing dire financial conditions, then decamped with a bagful of jewellery.
The incident was reported Sep 26 last year and the man was arrested later from the Al Raffa area of the city.
He can appeal the verdict within 15 days.
If the verdict becomes irrevocable and the ruler of Dubai upholds it, he will be executed by a firing squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video