`Indian-sounding names in Swiss Bank`s secret A/c`
New Delhi: A television channel on Tuesday claimed that some Indian-sounding names figure in the Swiss Bank secret accounts data which were handed over to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange by a former Swiss banker.
The channel, Headlines Today, showed a list purportedly containing names of the secret account holders in Julius Baer Bank and Trust Ltd, a Swiss Bank. The list was handed over by one of its former employees Rudolf Elmer to Assange.
The channel showed the list purportedly containing Indian- sounding names but made it clear that it could not independently verify the genuineness of the identity of the account holders or whether they are Indians or not.
Two entities had purportedly parked about USD 95 million (about Rs 432 crore).
Elmer told the channel, "I think that owner of Julius Baer is very much in the business of India. They actually hired investment managers sitting in India for getting money out of India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India