`Indian-sounding names in Swiss Bank`s secret A/c`
New Delhi: A television channel on Tuesday claimed that some Indian-sounding names figure in the Swiss Bank secret accounts data which were handed over to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange by a former Swiss banker.
The channel, Headlines Today, showed a list purportedly containing names of the secret account holders in Julius Baer Bank and Trust Ltd, a Swiss Bank. The list was handed over by one of its former employees Rudolf Elmer to Assange.
The channel showed the list purportedly containing Indian- sounding names but made it clear that it could not independently verify the genuineness of the identity of the account holders or whether they are Indians or not.
Two entities had purportedly parked about USD 95 million (about Rs 432 crore).
Elmer told the channel, "I think that owner of Julius Baer is very much in the business of India. They actually hired investment managers sitting in India for getting money out of India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- FM Jaitley orders ''immediate action'' towards implementation of Bankruptcy Code
- Did Sanal Sasidharan actually try to humiliate PV Sindhu with 'spit' remark? Here's the truth..
- JNU rape case: Victim's statement could not be recorded
- Rupee rebounds from 1-month low; closes up 13 paise against USD
- Kerala CM lauds Kamal Haasan for Chevalier Award