`Indian-sounding names in Swiss Bank`s secret A/c`
New Delhi: A television channel on Tuesday claimed that some Indian-sounding names figure in the Swiss Bank secret accounts data which were handed over to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange by a former Swiss banker.
The channel, Headlines Today, showed a list purportedly containing names of the secret account holders in Julius Baer Bank and Trust Ltd, a Swiss Bank. The list was handed over by one of its former employees Rudolf Elmer to Assange.
The channel showed the list purportedly containing Indian- sounding names but made it clear that it could not independently verify the genuineness of the identity of the account holders or whether they are Indians or not.
Two entities had purportedly parked about USD 95 million (about Rs 432 crore).
Elmer told the channel, "I think that owner of Julius Baer is very much in the business of India. They actually hired investment managers sitting in India for getting money out of India."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living