Indian stabbed ex-girlfriend 27 times in Dubai?
Dubai: A 41-year-old Indian computer
programmer has denied in court the charge of premeditatedly
attempting to murder his ex-girlfriend, who claimed he stabbed
her 27 times.
According to a news report, prosecutors accused the
man, identified only as MN, of repeatedly stabbing the
23-year-old Filipina, identified as MS with knife and also
attacked her two Indian workmates when they tried to save her,
a Gulf News report said.
"I did not have any intention to kill her. The
incident happened so suddenly and I did not pre-plan the whole
matter...besides I was under the influence of liquor," MN
said, pleading not guilty before the Dubai Court of First
According to the charge sheet, MN repeatedly stabbed
her with a medium-sized kitchen knife. The computer programmer
was charged with the premeditated murder attempt and
causing the victim MS 10 per cent permanent disability.
He was also arraigned with assaulting the Indian
workmates identified as, 37-year-old EK and 45-year-old BC,
and drinking liquor, the report said.
The defendant contended before Presiding Judge Hamad
Abdul Latif Abdul Jawad in courtroom four yesterday: "I am not
guilty...I consumed alcohol prior to the assault. I am seeking
a swift judgement."
However, Presiding Judge Abdul Jawad said the court
will assign a lawyer to defend MN when it reconvenes on
November 11. The Filipina testified that the incident happened
some time after she jilted her ex-boyfriend and decided to
leave him because he was married and due to religious
"I broke up with him because we couldn`t marry...he
had earlier threatened to kill me if I ditched him.
On August 4, 2009, he walked into the company where I
worked as a receptionist.
I told him that I would speak to him later because he
was drunk...suddenly he faced me and took out a knife and
started stabbing me," MS claimed.
Prosecution records said workmates intervened upon
hearing MS` cries.
EK and BC were injured while saving the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar