Indian stabbed ex-girlfriend 27 times in Dubai?
Dubai: A 41-year-old Indian computer
programmer has denied in court the charge of premeditatedly
attempting to murder his ex-girlfriend, who claimed he stabbed
her 27 times.
According to a news report, prosecutors accused the
man, identified only as MN, of repeatedly stabbing the
23-year-old Filipina, identified as MS with knife and also
attacked her two Indian workmates when they tried to save her,
a Gulf News report said.
"I did not have any intention to kill her. The
incident happened so suddenly and I did not pre-plan the whole
matter...besides I was under the influence of liquor," MN
said, pleading not guilty before the Dubai Court of First
According to the charge sheet, MN repeatedly stabbed
her with a medium-sized kitchen knife. The computer programmer
was charged with the premeditated murder attempt and
causing the victim MS 10 per cent permanent disability.
He was also arraigned with assaulting the Indian
workmates identified as, 37-year-old EK and 45-year-old BC,
and drinking liquor, the report said.
The defendant contended before Presiding Judge Hamad
Abdul Latif Abdul Jawad in courtroom four yesterday: "I am not
guilty...I consumed alcohol prior to the assault. I am seeking
a swift judgement."
However, Presiding Judge Abdul Jawad said the court
will assign a lawyer to defend MN when it reconvenes on
November 11. The Filipina testified that the incident happened
some time after she jilted her ex-boyfriend and decided to
leave him because he was married and due to religious
"I broke up with him because we couldn`t marry...he
had earlier threatened to kill me if I ditched him.
On August 4, 2009, he walked into the company where I
worked as a receptionist.
I told him that I would speak to him later because he
was drunk...suddenly he faced me and took out a knife and
started stabbing me," MS claimed.
Prosecution records said workmates intervened upon
hearing MS` cries.
EK and BC were injured while saving the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India