Indian stamps released in Indonesia
Jakarta: Two commemorative postage stamps on the Shekhawati and Warli paintings, depicting the rich culture and tradition of Rajasthan and Maharashtra, were released in the Indonesian capital on Wednesday by Indian Ambassador Gurjit Singh.
India Post is taking part in the World Stamp Exhibition at the Jakarta Convention Centre that began June 18 and will continue till June 24, 2012, the Indian embassy said in a press release.
Singh said the exhibition provides an excellent opportunity for philately enthusiasts in Indonesia to experience the rich and vast array of Indian stamps on display.
He congratulated the organisers -- the Philately Association of Indonesia, Federation Internationale de Philatelie and the Indonesian ministry of communication and informatics for successfully organising the exhibition.
India Post, the backbone of the country`s communication network for the last 150 years, works through its mail, banking, insurance, money transfer and retail services. It has a network of 154,866 post offices across India, the largest in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Shooter Heena Sidhu misses out on final berth
- Bangladesh bowling coach: BCB may have expressed interest looking at my credentials, says Venkatesh Prasad
- Congress vs Amitabh Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan supports father, says Big B not hosting any political event
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- It's raining sponsors at Cricket Association of Bengal