Indian student murdered in US, to be cremated today
Vijayawada (AP): The mortal remains of a 22-year-old student hailing from Andhra Pradesh, who was shot dead early on Christmas morning during a robbery at Houston will be laid to rest here on Saturday.
Eelaprolu Jaychandra`s body arrived from the US last night and he will be cremated today, family sources said.
Jaychandra, a native of Vijaywada went to Houston, for higher studies in July this year. He also was working as a part time employee in a gas station there, where he was killed during a loot incident last week.
The Telugu Association of North America (TANA) took the responsibility bring his body here after completing all the legal formalities but the process got delayed due to Christmas holidays in that country.
The victim`s relatives, well wishers and his friends have gathered at his residence in Kanuru, on the city skirts for the final rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief