Indian student murdered in US, to be cremated today
Vijayawada (AP): The mortal remains of a 22-year-old student hailing from Andhra Pradesh, who was shot dead early on Christmas morning during a robbery at Houston will be laid to rest here on Saturday.
Eelaprolu Jaychandra`s body arrived from the US last night and he will be cremated today, family sources said.
Jaychandra, a native of Vijaywada went to Houston, for higher studies in July this year. He also was working as a part time employee in a gas station there, where he was killed during a loot incident last week.
The Telugu Association of North America (TANA) took the responsibility bring his body here after completing all the legal formalities but the process got delayed due to Christmas holidays in that country.
The victim`s relatives, well wishers and his friends have gathered at his residence in Kanuru, on the city skirts for the final rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says