Indian student murdered in US, to be cremated today
Vijayawada (AP): The mortal remains of a 22-year-old student hailing from Andhra Pradesh, who was shot dead early on Christmas morning during a robbery at Houston will be laid to rest here on Saturday.
Eelaprolu Jaychandra`s body arrived from the US last night and he will be cremated today, family sources said.
Jaychandra, a native of Vijaywada went to Houston, for higher studies in July this year. He also was working as a part time employee in a gas station there, where he was killed during a loot incident last week.
The Telugu Association of North America (TANA) took the responsibility bring his body here after completing all the legal formalities but the process got delayed due to Christmas holidays in that country.
The victim`s relatives, well wishers and his friends have gathered at his residence in Kanuru, on the city skirts for the final rites.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress