Indian student stabbed in UK remains critical
London: An Indian student, Praveen Reddy, enrolled for an MBA in UK, who was stabbed in the London borough of Newham Friday night, continues to fight for his life at Newham General Hospital.
Meanwhile, the UK government has issued visas to the victim’s family to travel to London.
The development came after External Affairs Minister SM Krishna yesterday spoke to Andhra Pradesh-based businessman Sudhakar Reddy, father of the stabbed student and assured him of all possible help.
Official sources said that High Commission officials in the UK were coordinating with the doctors treating Praveen.
The Scotland Yard have arrested eleven people in connection with the stabbing incident.
"Police called at 08.23 on Friday, 10 February to Newham General Hospital after a man in his 20s was admitted suffering from stab wounds. He is currently in hospital in a critical condition," Scotland Yard said in a statement.
“Four of the arrested are in custody. The other seven have been bailed until future dates. Detectives from Newham Borough are investigating," it added.
This is the fourth attack on Indians in the last two months. Earlier three incidents were fatal.
In the earlier incidents, 23-year-old Anuj Bidve was shot dead in Greater Manchester in Salford on December 26. The UK Police also confirmed on January 10, the death of 20-year-old student Gurdeep Hayer in Manchester city centre. This was followed by the murder of Avatar Singh Kolar, 62, and his British wife Carole Kolar, 58, in Birmingham on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city