Indian student was stabbed in neck, chest, abdomen
London: The Indian MBA student was stabbed in the neck, chest and abdomen several times and thrown out of the apartment where he lived in Britain`s Hampshire County, the Daily Mail reported on Sunday.
The 26-year-old Praveen Reddy, from Hyderabad, was critically injured by unidentified assailants in London late Friday night. At least 11 people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Son of a real estate dealer, Reddy is currently in Royal London Hospital in a critical condition, according to Scotland Yard.
A quarrel between two groups of students hailing from Andhra Pradesh is believed to have led to the attack.
Initial reports said Reddy and his friends had a party in the apartment till late hours.
Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna earlier spoken to acting high commissioner in Britain, Rajesh Prasad, asking him to extend all possible help to the stabbed student.
He also spoke to the victim`s father in Hyderabad.
This was the fourth attack on Indians in Britain in the last two months. The last three incidents proved to be fatal.
In the earlier three incidents involving Indians, one of them 23-year-old Anuj Bidve was shot dead in Greater Manchester in Salford Dec 26, 2011.
The British police also confirmed Jan 10 the death of 20-year-old student Gurdeep Hayer in Manchester city centre.
On Jan 11, 2012, Avatar Singh Kolar, 62, and his British wife Carole Kolar, 58, were murdered in Birmingham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details