Indian student’s murder: Family heading to UK
Pune: The bereaved family of slain student Anuj Bidve, who was shot dead in Manchester this week, have been told by the Consulate General of India in Birmingham, to apply for emergency visa to expedite the process of
repatriation of his body.
"We have sought emergency visa and have been told that we
are also required to be present in the United Kingdom to
complete the procedures for handing over Anuj`s body," his
brother-in-law Rakesh Sonawane told reporters here.
"Anuj`s father Subhash Bidve and I would go to Manchester
once we get the visa," Anuj`s cousin Suruchi Wagh added.
The family has also released an open letter to External
Affairs Minister SM Krishna, urging him to help the family
get Anuj`s body back to Pune expressing concern over the delay
because of Christmas and New Year holidays in the UK.
Three days after the Pune-based engineering student was
killed, messages expressing grief continued to pour in on his
Help Page on Facebook.
The 23-year-old was shot in the head at close range in an
"unprovoked" attack in Manchester on December 26 on Boxing
Day. He was a student of Microelectronics at Lancaster
University. The UK cops are treating his killing as "hate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh