Indian student`s murder in Australia unfortunate: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Monday described the rape and murder of a 24-year-old Indian girl in Australia as "unfortunate" and said the government is closely following the investigation.
"This is a very very unfortunate incident. We are getting a report from our ambassador," Krishna said. "We are closely following and monitoring the investigation."
Tosha Thakkar, a student of Sydney College of Business and IT, was raped and murdered and her body was found stuffed inside a suitcase near a canal in Sydney last week.
Police have arrested 19-year-old Daniel Stani-Reginald and charged him for murder and aggravated sexual assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what