Indian students will be safe, says Aussie PM
Rio De Janeiro: Australia has assured India that it has taken steps to ensure that Indian students do not face any problems while studying in Australia.
Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard gave this assurance to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
According to Indian officials, this was conveyed during a meeting at Los Cabos in Mexico on the margins of the G20 Summit that ended Tuesday.
"The Australian prime minister made it a point to say that her government had taken steps so that Indian students do not face any problem," a senior official said.
Indian students have faced a string of attacks in Australia, and at least some assaults have been linked to racism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India