Indian students will be safe, says Aussie PM
Rio De Janeiro: Australia has assured India that it has taken steps to ensure that Indian students do not face any problems while studying in Australia.
Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard gave this assurance to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
According to Indian officials, this was conveyed during a meeting at Los Cabos in Mexico on the margins of the G20 Summit that ended Tuesday.
"The Australian prime minister made it a point to say that her government had taken steps so that Indian students do not face any problem," a senior official said.
Indian students have faced a string of attacks in Australia, and at least some assaults have been linked to racism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy