Indian students will be safe, says Aussie PM
Rio De Janeiro: Australia has assured India that it has taken steps to ensure that Indian students do not face any problems while studying in Australia.
Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard gave this assurance to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
According to Indian officials, this was conveyed during a meeting at Los Cabos in Mexico on the margins of the G20 Summit that ended Tuesday.
"The Australian prime minister made it a point to say that her government had taken steps so that Indian students do not face any problem," a senior official said.
Indian students have faced a string of attacks in Australia, and at least some assaults have been linked to racism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers