Indian students will be safe, says Aussie PM
Rio De Janeiro: Australia has assured India that it has taken steps to ensure that Indian students do not face any problems while studying in Australia.
Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard gave this assurance to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
According to Indian officials, this was conveyed during a meeting at Los Cabos in Mexico on the margins of the G20 Summit that ended Tuesday.
"The Australian prime minister made it a point to say that her government had taken steps so that Indian students do not face any problem," a senior official said.
Indian students have faced a string of attacks in Australia, and at least some assaults have been linked to racism.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!