Indian suffers heart-attack on-board aicraft; Pak allows emergency landing
Karachi/New Delhi: In a humane gesture, Pakistan facilitated the emergency landing of an international airline in Karachi after an Indian passenger on board suffered a heart-attack and needed emergency medical care.
75-year-old Vasan Bondol was on-board a Turkish Airline flight from Istanbul, Turkey to Mumbai when he had an heart-attack on July 6.
Following request by the flight captain, Pakistani authorities allowed the flight to land at the Karachi international airport.
Acting swiftly, the airport authorities rushed the Indian passenger to Agha Khan hospital in the country`s largest port city, Pakistani official sources said.
Bondol`s son Jayant today approached the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi for an emergency visa to visit his father in Karachi and to take care of him.
"Responding fast we have given him the visa today itself so that he could visit his father and take care of him", an official at the High Commission said in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM