Indian suffocated to death in Dubai
Dubai: A 55-year-old Indian working as a
porter in a fruit and vegetable market here was suffocated to
death after spending the night in a closed onion container,
police said on Monday.
The porter, identified only as SB, suffocated as a result
of lack of oxygen in the container, Brigadier Khalil Ebrahim
Al Mansouri, Director of Dubai Police`s Criminal Investigation
Department (CID) said.
During the night, the onions absorbed all the oxygen in
the closed container, suffocating the worker who was sleeping
inside, Brig Al Mansouri said.
He highlighted the risk of sleeping in a closed space
with plants, as the plants take in oxygen and omit carbon
dioxide at night, which in huge quantities could cause harm or
Authorities are running an awareness campaign to spread
awareness among porters and workers at the vegetable and fruit
market about staying safe and avoiding hazards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion