Indian team to question American arrested by FBI
New Delhi: A team of Indian investigators
will travel to the US next week to question David Coleman
Headley, arrested by the FBI for plotting terror-attacks
overseas, including India.
The team comprising officials of Intelligence Bureau (IB)
and Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) will travel to the US to
question Headley next week, official sources said here today.
They said the US has already shared with India some
information gathered during the investigation of the case and
interrogation of Headley.
The US has also sought cooperation of India to further
collaborate the information provided to them by the American
national, who was arrested early this month by FBI`s Joint
Terrorism Task Force at O`Hare International Airport before
boarding a flight to Philadelphia, intending to travel to
The team will also try to get information about
Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Hussain Rana, 48, also known as
Tahawar Rana, who was arrested along with Headley, the sources
According to the FBI affidavit filed in a Chicago court,
Headley was in close contact with Ilyas Kashmiri and several
unidentified leaders of LeT.
Kashmiri is the operational chief of Pakistan-occupied
Kashmir section of Harakat-ul Jihad Islami (HuJI), a
Pakistani-based terrorist organisation having links with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened