Indian techie found dead in US left suicide note: Authorities
New York: A 26-year old Indian employee at an IT firm, who was found dead in an apparent suicide by "drug overdose" in a New Jersey hotel last week, had left a suicide note, authorities said.
Pawan Kumar Anjaiah, 26, a software engineer from Bangalore was found dead in a northern New Jersey motor lodge on June 19.
Authorities said he had left a suicide note but have not disclosed the contents of the note, the Delaware News Journal reported.
Anjaiah was allegedly accused of murdering a Pennsylvania woman Danielle Mehlman in Delaware`s Dewey Beach motel on June 18.
Delaware state police had issued arrest warrants against Anjaiah, charging him with first degree murder and possession of a deadly weapon.
Katherine Carter, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor`s office in New Jersey`s Essex County had said Anjaiah committed suicide and died of "an apparent drug overdose."
Police had released a surveillance photo of Kumar at a grocery store, wearing a blue T-shirt and short pants, after her death.
"Mehlman had been stabbed several times, so it was very messy," Dewey mayor Diane Hanson had said.
Anjaiah was in the US on an H1 B work visa, working for IT firm Cognizant, according to a statement from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Newark, New Jersey.
An official at the Indian Consulate here said the process of sending Anjaiah`s body back to India is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor