Indian techie found dead in US left suicide note: Authorities
New York: A 26-year old Indian employee at an IT firm, who was found dead in an apparent suicide by "drug overdose" in a New Jersey hotel last week, had left a suicide note, authorities said.
Pawan Kumar Anjaiah, 26, a software engineer from Bangalore was found dead in a northern New Jersey motor lodge on June 19.
Authorities said he had left a suicide note but have not disclosed the contents of the note, the Delaware News Journal reported.
Anjaiah was allegedly accused of murdering a Pennsylvania woman Danielle Mehlman in Delaware`s Dewey Beach motel on June 18.
Delaware state police had issued arrest warrants against Anjaiah, charging him with first degree murder and possession of a deadly weapon.
Katherine Carter, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor`s office in New Jersey`s Essex County had said Anjaiah committed suicide and died of "an apparent drug overdose."
Police had released a surveillance photo of Kumar at a grocery store, wearing a blue T-shirt and short pants, after her death.
"Mehlman had been stabbed several times, so it was very messy," Dewey mayor Diane Hanson had said.
Anjaiah was in the US on an H1 B work visa, working for IT firm Cognizant, according to a statement from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Newark, New Jersey.
An official at the Indian Consulate here said the process of sending Anjaiah`s body back to India is underway.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview