Indian techie found dead in US left suicide note: Authorities
New York: A 26-year old Indian employee at an IT firm, who was found dead in an apparent suicide by "drug overdose" in a New Jersey hotel last week, had left a suicide note, authorities said.
Pawan Kumar Anjaiah, 26, a software engineer from Bangalore was found dead in a northern New Jersey motor lodge on June 19.
Authorities said he had left a suicide note but have not disclosed the contents of the note, the Delaware News Journal reported.
Anjaiah was allegedly accused of murdering a Pennsylvania woman Danielle Mehlman in Delaware`s Dewey Beach motel on June 18.
Delaware state police had issued arrest warrants against Anjaiah, charging him with first degree murder and possession of a deadly weapon.
Katherine Carter, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor`s office in New Jersey`s Essex County had said Anjaiah committed suicide and died of "an apparent drug overdose."
Police had released a surveillance photo of Kumar at a grocery store, wearing a blue T-shirt and short pants, after her death.
"Mehlman had been stabbed several times, so it was very messy," Dewey mayor Diane Hanson had said.
Anjaiah was in the US on an H1 B work visa, working for IT firm Cognizant, according to a statement from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Newark, New Jersey.
An official at the Indian Consulate here said the process of sending Anjaiah`s body back to India is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi