Indian techie found dead in US left suicide note: Authorities
New York: A 26-year old Indian employee at an IT firm, who was found dead in an apparent suicide by "drug overdose" in a New Jersey hotel last week, had left a suicide note, authorities said.
Pawan Kumar Anjaiah, 26, a software engineer from Bangalore was found dead in a northern New Jersey motor lodge on June 19.
Authorities said he had left a suicide note but have not disclosed the contents of the note, the Delaware News Journal reported.
Anjaiah was allegedly accused of murdering a Pennsylvania woman Danielle Mehlman in Delaware`s Dewey Beach motel on June 18.
Delaware state police had issued arrest warrants against Anjaiah, charging him with first degree murder and possession of a deadly weapon.
Katherine Carter, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor`s office in New Jersey`s Essex County had said Anjaiah committed suicide and died of "an apparent drug overdose."
Police had released a surveillance photo of Kumar at a grocery store, wearing a blue T-shirt and short pants, after her death.
"Mehlman had been stabbed several times, so it was very messy," Dewey mayor Diane Hanson had said.
Anjaiah was in the US on an H1 B work visa, working for IT firm Cognizant, according to a statement from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Newark, New Jersey.
An official at the Indian Consulate here said the process of sending Anjaiah`s body back to India is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor