Indian toddler`s autopsy fails to determine cause of death
Melbourne: The much-awaited autopsy has failed to determine the cause of death of three-year-old Indian boy Gurshan Singh, whose body was found near here after he went missing from his house, Australian police said on Friday.
Victoria Deputy Police Commissioner Sir Ken Jones said: "There is no visible signs of the cause of death."
Jones said the boy`s parents were being interrogated.
"At the moment we`re desperate for witnesses to come forward. We`re pretty convinced there`s people out there that may have seen something," he said.
He said police have not yet determined if the boy`s death was an opportunistic crime or something else.
"We just don`t know at this time and I don`t want to speculate and try to keep people focused on the facts as we know them," he said.
"It`s clear that this wasn`t death from natural causes, but we don`t yet have a 100 per cent conclusion on what the actual cause of death was."
Gurshan was in Australia on holiday with his family and was due to return to India later this week. His body was found around 30 kms away from his residence yesterday.
The parents of the boy had arrived in Australia from India on January 9, planning to stay. However, they decided to leave next week as the father could not get work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past