Indian tourists robbed in Thailand
Bangkok: Two Indian tourists have been allegedly robbed in Thailand`s tourist town of Pattaya and police here are looking for three suspects, including a woman.
Karthikeyan Krishnan, 36, turned up at Pattaya police station yesterday with cuts and bruises, asking police to locate his friend, Khader Basha, 40, Bangkok Post reported on Tuesday.
The paper said Krishnan told the police that he and his friend were walking on the beach when they were approached by a Thai woman who offered to have sex with them in exchange for money.
After agreeing on the price, the woman led them to a parked car and told them to get in and wait while she called a friend. While they were inside the vehicle, two Thai men reportedly got in and ordered them to hand over their cash and valuables.
It was not clear when Basha got separated from his friend.
Krishnan said they were robbed of over USD 1,000 cash, a mobile phone, two credit cards and passports.
Police said they would review footage from surveillance cameras in the area to collect more evidence, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!