Indian weather forecast following Indonesian quake
New Delhi: In the face of a giant 8.6 magnitude earthquake that hit Indonesia’s western coast on Wednesday, the Indian government issued an alert for the coastal regions of the country which was lifted later. Strong tremors were felt in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and parts of Northeast India as people were seen scurrying out of the buildings in panic. Though the tsunami threats have been withdrawn, people remain curious about what’s in store for them in coming days. So, here are the weather predictions for different parts of the country.
The upper air cyclonic circulation over Haryana and neighbourhood in lower levels persists. A trough from this system extends up to Assam with embedded cyclonic circulation over north Chhattisgarh and neighbourhood. The Western Disturbance over north Pakistan and adjoining Jammu & Kashmir persists. It would affect Western Himalayan region during next 3 days.
Weather Alert for Delhi & NCR
Rain / dust storm is likely to occur over Delhi and NCR associated with strong wind (speed may reach 40 - 50 km/h or more) between 2100 hrs / 11 Apr 2012 and 0100 hrs / 12 Apr 2012.
West coast and South Peninsula
Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep and south Peninsula. Due to an earthquake measuring 8.6 over north Sumatra at 1438 IST a tsunami alert has been issued for 28 countries including India. Andaman & Nicobar Island may get affected by the tidal waves.
Tsunami Alert for Tamil Nadu & AP Coast
High Tide of 2-3 meters may affect coastal areas of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh coast in association with earthquake off north Indonesia coast.
North and Northwest India
Marginal rise in temperatures is expected over plains of northwest India. Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh. Dust/thunder storm may occur at one or two places over Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and west Uttar Pradesh during next 24 hours.
East India and Central Peninsula
Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim and at a few places over Gangetic West Bengal. Rain/thundershowers would also expected at one or two places over Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh.
North East India
Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over northeast India. Heavy rainfall is also expected at a few places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you