Indian woman pleads not guilty to burning husband`s genitals
Melbourne: A 44-year-old Indian woman,
accused of arson and setting her husband`s genitals on fire,
on Monday pleaded not guilty to the charges in an Australian
Rajini Narayan, mother of three, appeared in the South
Australian Supreme Court and denied that she had set on fire
to her husband`s genitals in December 2008.
The woman suspected that her husband was cheating on her,
ABC news reported.
Satish Narayan, her husband, had suffered serious burns
and died in hospital several weeks later.
The family`s home was also gutted and left a damage bill
of about 1 million Australian dollars.
The court has adjourned the case for four weeks.
The Indian, who would appear in the court next month, can
apply for bail in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'