Indian woman stabbed to death by husband in Dubai
Dubai: An Indian woman in Dubai was allegedly stabbed to death by her husband outside a school.
Sonia, who hailed from the south Indian state of Kerala, was stabbed just outside the gate of the New Indian Model School (NIMS) in Al Garhoud area of the city between 10.15 am and 11 am on Thursday, yards from where pupils were taking lessons, local media reported on Friday.
The victim worked in the school as an attendant.
Her husband Ranjit reportedly stabbed his wife first and then tried to commit suicide by stabbing himself. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
According to the Khaleej Times, the victim, in her 30s, was stabbed five times in the chest and other parts of the body.
“It happened between a husband and wife. It was just outside the campus and classes were on so the children were inside,” another newspaper, The National, quoted an employee of the school as saying on condition of anonymity.
“After using the knife on her he cut himself with it. Class has not been stopped,” the employee said.
“We were all shocked that this happened outside a school,” said another employee.
“The man was wandering around the school and the car park for some time. He took out the knife and stabbed her in the neck and stomach several times, there was so much blood,” he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir