Indian worker beheaded for murder in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: An Indian worker, convicted of murdering his Saudi sponsor, has been executed in the Gulf kingdom.
Muhammad Latif was beheaded here yesterday after being found guilty by a local court of killing his sponsor Dhafir Al-Dossari by hitting him with an iron rod during a dispute, according to the Interior Ministry.
He then hid the body in an abandoned well, the Ministry was quoted as saying by state-run SPA news agency.
The court had earlier postponed the execution until the minor sons of the sponsor are old enough to agree to the verdict.
This was the third execution this year in oil-rich Saudi Arabia, that practices a strict version of Shariah law under which rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death.
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4
- READ: Rohit Sharma's touching hand-written letter to fans on his 29th birthday!
- `Obama out`: President gets in final laughs with US media
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!