Indian workers aboard sunken ship missing
Mumbai: Seven Indians -- one electrician and six divers -- working on an Iranian vessel are missing since Thursday after it sank off the Persian Gulf, an official said here.
The seven missing are staffers of Mumbai-based firm Adsun Offshore Diving Contractors Pvt Ltd, a company official said requesting anonymity.
According to reports received by the company, the divers and electrician were working on the Iranian diving support vessel when it suddenly sank around 5 pm on Thursday.
The vessel is believed to have sunk more than 200 feet underwater with limited oxygen supplies.
Top company officials have rushed to Iran to monitor the situation, the official said.
She declined to reveal the identities of the victims until further updates on their status was made available to the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'