Indian workers aboard sunken ship missing
Mumbai: Seven Indians -- one electrician and six divers -- working on an Iranian vessel are missing since Thursday after it sank off the Persian Gulf, an official said here.
The seven missing are staffers of Mumbai-based firm Adsun Offshore Diving Contractors Pvt Ltd, a company official said requesting anonymity.
According to reports received by the company, the divers and electrician were working on the Iranian diving support vessel when it suddenly sank around 5 pm on Thursday.
The vessel is believed to have sunk more than 200 feet underwater with limited oxygen supplies.
Top company officials have rushed to Iran to monitor the situation, the official said.
She declined to reveal the identities of the victims until further updates on their status was made available to the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say