Indian workers aboard sunken ship missing
Mumbai: Seven Indians -- one electrician and six divers -- working on an Iranian vessel are missing since Thursday after it sank off the Persian Gulf, an official said here.
The seven missing are staffers of Mumbai-based firm Adsun Offshore Diving Contractors Pvt Ltd, a company official said requesting anonymity.
According to reports received by the company, the divers and electrician were working on the Iranian diving support vessel when it suddenly sank around 5 pm on Thursday.
The vessel is believed to have sunk more than 200 feet underwater with limited oxygen supplies.
Top company officials have rushed to Iran to monitor the situation, the official said.
She declined to reveal the identities of the victims until further updates on their status was made available to the company.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory