Indians can apply for electronic visa for Bahrain from October
Manama: Indians travelling to Bahrain can apply for electronic visa from October this year under new rules announced by the Gulf country for 36 countries.
"The visa for Indians would be valid for a month and can be renewed for up to three months from 2015 under the new rules," an official at Bahrain Economic Development Board said.
"Indians could apply for electronic visa from October this year," she told.
Additionally, multiple entry visas will also be available, she added.
Indians make up the largest expatriate population in Bahrain with more than 300,000 residing in the Kingdom. India is also one of Bahrain`s most important trading partners.
In 2011, total trade between India and Bahrain exceeded USD 1.7 billion, a statement released by the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) said.
The new visa policy was announced by Bahrain`s Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa at a cabinet meeting earlier this month.
India is among the 36 countries that can avail of the online e-visa facilities under the new policy, it said.
"The new visa policy - one of the most flexible visa policies in the region - follows the tradition, enabling citizens from more than 100 countries to enjoy easier and quicker access to the Middle East`s most open economy," Kamal bin Ahmed, minister of transportation and acting chief executive of the Bahrain EDB, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!