Indians can apply for electronic visa for Bahrain from October
Manama: Indians travelling to Bahrain can apply for electronic visa from October this year under new rules announced by the Gulf country for 36 countries.
"The visa for Indians would be valid for a month and can be renewed for up to three months from 2015 under the new rules," an official at Bahrain Economic Development Board said.
"Indians could apply for electronic visa from October this year," she told.
Additionally, multiple entry visas will also be available, she added.
Indians make up the largest expatriate population in Bahrain with more than 300,000 residing in the Kingdom. India is also one of Bahrain`s most important trading partners.
In 2011, total trade between India and Bahrain exceeded USD 1.7 billion, a statement released by the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) said.
The new visa policy was announced by Bahrain`s Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa at a cabinet meeting earlier this month.
India is among the 36 countries that can avail of the online e-visa facilities under the new policy, it said.
"The new visa policy - one of the most flexible visa policies in the region - follows the tradition, enabling citizens from more than 100 countries to enjoy easier and quicker access to the Middle East`s most open economy," Kamal bin Ahmed, minister of transportation and acting chief executive of the Bahrain EDB, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?