Indians held in Norway for trying to discipline child
Hyderabad: V Chandrasekhar, a software professional from Andhra Pradesh`s Krishna district working in Oslo, never imagined that he and his wife would be arrested by Norwegian Police for trying to discipline his 7-year-old son.
Chandrasekhar along with his wife Anupama was taken into custody by the police in Oslo for allegedly trying to discipline their son, their family here claimed.
The police arrested Chandrasekhar, a TCS employee nine months after the child complained to his school teachers that his parents were threatening to send him back to India for his acts, Chandrasekhar`s nephew V Sailender claimed.
"My uncle had no idea about the case registered against him initially. He came to Hyderabad along with his wife and children in July and went back to Oslo in the last week of October. Then he was served a notice to appear before the authorities along with his wife," he said.
"My aunt also went to Oslo on November 23 and the couple appeared before the authorities concerned. On November 28, we were informed by my uncle`s neighbours in Oslo that they were arrested and remanded," Sailender said.
The boy was found urinating in the school bus which was reported to his father, who in turn "threatened" the child that he would be sent back to India if he repeated that again, Sailender said, adding the boy was also found bringing toys from school.
"We are yet to get complete details on Chandrasekhar’s arrest," he said.
He said the boy was under the custody of Norwegian child protection authorities for some time in February to study his behavioural pattern.
Later, they found that the child was alright but `hyper-active` and handed over him to parents," he said.
When contacted, a spokesperson of TCS confirmed the arrest but refused to offer comment, saying that it was a personal matter of the employee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL