Indians in Belgium mourn Sikh family`s murder
Brussels: Hundreds of members of the Indian community paid tributes to four members of a Sikh family who were brutally murdered in the Belgian capital, EuAsiaNews reported.
Jasbir Singh`s wife and their three young children were killed by a suspected Bangladeshi man in their home in Etterbeek area of Brussels on September 28.
On Sunday evening, Sikh priests recited prayers for the deceased, while mourners placed flowers at the door of the house.
A "white march" was also held, with mourners carrying white balloons and pictures of the three slain children and their mother.
The march was supported by the Etterbeek municipality whose mayor was also present to offer his condolences to Jasbir Singh, the father and husband of the deceased.
A number of Belgians and Bangladeshis also joined the march to express their condolences, and condemnation of the killing.
Belgian police are looking for a 29-year-old Bangladeshi man for his alleged involvement in the crime. He was working at the same restaurant where Jasbir Singh worked and has disappeared since the day of the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan