Indians travelling much more
New Delhi: Indians were travelling much more in 2010 than the previous year with domestic tourist visits rising to 740 million from 668 million.
Replying to a question in the Lok Sabha today, Minister of State (Tourism) Sultan Ahmed said that "the outbound traffic from India in 2010 was 12.98 million as compared to 11.06 million in 2009," which was an increase of 17.4 percent.
Union Minister Subodh Kant Sahay said that the "Incredible India" campaign had been very successful worldwide and there was no proposal to discontinue it.
He said that "since the launch of the brand line, till 2010, Foreign tourist arrivals in the country have increased from 2.38 million to 5.78 million."
Foreign exchange earnings have increased from Rs 15,064 crore to Rs 64,889 crore (advance estimates), Sahay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report