India`s 29th state Telangana set to become a reality by year end
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: If indications are to be believed then India may have state number 29 by year end and Telangana may soon be a reality.
The process for formation of separate Telangana state is expected to gain momentum after the conclusion of the Monsoon Session of Parliament on September 6.
Government sources said that the Home Ministry would soon take up a note on the matter to the Cabinet which is also expected to set up a Group of Ministers (GoM) to go threadbare into issues arising out of the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
This is likely to be followed by a resolution being sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly over the formation of the new state.
"We are preparing a note to
pass a resolution in the Cabinet. After we finalise the note, it will be sent
to the Law Ministry for legal vetting. I hope the note will be presented before
the Cabinet within 20 days," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told
reporters here today.
Only recently, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who
is also UPA chairperson, had said that the government would be setting up a
committee on Telangana.
The government move is expected to send a clear
signal that the UPA was committed for formation of separate Telangana.
After formation, Telangana will be 29th state of
The Congress Working Committee, which met on July
30, passed a resolution requesting the Centre "to make steps in accordance
with the Constitution to form a separate state of Telangana ... Within a
The CWC also recommended to the government that
Hyderabad should be made the joint capital for a period of 10 years.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire