India`s concern over blasts in Manama
New Delhi: India Monday expressed serious concern and condemned the serial blasts in Bahrain that claimed the life of an Indian and hoped the authorities there would ensure the security of fellow compatriots living and working there.
"We have seen reports of a series of bomb blasts in Bahrain this morning. We have also been informed that one Indian has been killed and another injured in the blasts.
"We strongly condemn the violence. We conveyed our serious concern to the authorities in Bahrain," Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson said.
He said "we hope and are confident that the authorities in Bahrain will ensure security to our citizens living and working in Bahrain".
An Indian man was killed and another injured as five explosions rocked parts of Bahrain`s capital Manama today. The blasts also claimed the life of another Asian as the country grappled with growing political and ethnic unrest.
The blasts, including one near the Indian Embassy, were described by Bahrain`s Prime Minister as a "heinous" crime while the country`s top police official said they were "acts of terror".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’