India`s concern over blasts in Manama
New Delhi: India Monday expressed serious concern and condemned the serial blasts in Bahrain that claimed the life of an Indian and hoped the authorities there would ensure the security of fellow compatriots living and working there.
"We have seen reports of a series of bomb blasts in Bahrain this morning. We have also been informed that one Indian has been killed and another injured in the blasts.
"We strongly condemn the violence. We conveyed our serious concern to the authorities in Bahrain," Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson said.
He said "we hope and are confident that the authorities in Bahrain will ensure security to our citizens living and working in Bahrain".
An Indian man was killed and another injured as five explosions rocked parts of Bahrain`s capital Manama today. The blasts also claimed the life of another Asian as the country grappled with growing political and ethnic unrest.
The blasts, including one near the Indian Embassy, were described by Bahrain`s Prime Minister as a "heinous" crime while the country`s top police official said they were "acts of terror".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?