India`s concern over blasts in Manama
New Delhi: India Monday expressed serious concern and condemned the serial blasts in Bahrain that claimed the life of an Indian and hoped the authorities there would ensure the security of fellow compatriots living and working there.
"We have seen reports of a series of bomb blasts in Bahrain this morning. We have also been informed that one Indian has been killed and another injured in the blasts.
"We strongly condemn the violence. We conveyed our serious concern to the authorities in Bahrain," Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson said.
He said "we hope and are confident that the authorities in Bahrain will ensure security to our citizens living and working in Bahrain".
An Indian man was killed and another injured as five explosions rocked parts of Bahrain`s capital Manama today. The blasts also claimed the life of another Asian as the country grappled with growing political and ethnic unrest.
The blasts, including one near the Indian Embassy, were described by Bahrain`s Prime Minister as a "heinous" crime while the country`s top police official said they were "acts of terror".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why