India`s diversity enriches heritage: President
New Delhi: A group of students from Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday met President Pranab Mukherjee as part of their educational tour to the national capital.
The President told the students, hailing from the Zanskar and Suru valleys of the state, that India`s diversity binds its people and adds to its heritage.
Addressing the 20 students, Mukherjee said he "would like to emphasise his sincere belief that although the different regions of the country may seem to be vastly separated by their different cultures, traditions, music and dance, art and literature, yet we are all bound by our shared history and our common future.
"It is our diversity that enriches our country`s heritage," a Rashtrapati Bhawan statement quoted him as saying.
The President said he had full faith that participation in the educational tour would benefit the students immensely as it would help them in meeting different people who speak different languages in this country and would also enable them to know about the progress being made by the nation in different spheres.
The children have come here on an excursion as part of Operation Sadbhavana organised by the 8th Mountain Artillery Brigade headquarters in Kashmir Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next