India`s diversity enriches heritage: President
New Delhi: A group of students from Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday met President Pranab Mukherjee as part of their educational tour to the national capital.
The President told the students, hailing from the Zanskar and Suru valleys of the state, that India`s diversity binds its people and adds to its heritage.
Addressing the 20 students, Mukherjee said he "would like to emphasise his sincere belief that although the different regions of the country may seem to be vastly separated by their different cultures, traditions, music and dance, art and literature, yet we are all bound by our shared history and our common future.
"It is our diversity that enriches our country`s heritage," a Rashtrapati Bhawan statement quoted him as saying.
The President said he had full faith that participation in the educational tour would benefit the students immensely as it would help them in meeting different people who speak different languages in this country and would also enable them to know about the progress being made by the nation in different spheres.
The children have come here on an excursion as part of Operation Sadbhavana organised by the 8th Mountain Artillery Brigade headquarters in Kashmir Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark