India`s economic model on ventilator: Mohan Bhagwat
Indore (MP): RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has said that not only the Indian rupee, but the economic model adopted by the country is on a ventilator.
"These days people say that the (Indian) rupee is on a ventilator. However, I feel that not only the rupee, but the concept...The model of economy that we have adopted, that itself is on a ventilator," he said.
He said this while addressing the Laghu Udyog Bharti All India Conference here last night.
"India is an independent nation and it has no compulsion to follow the policies framed by other countries.
"India should adopt the economic and industrial model adopted by our ancestors and provide a right alternative before the world that is looking for a viable option," Bhagwat said.
The RSS chief sought to know why the country was allowing FDI in retail sector. "...And why are we even discussing the FDI in security sector?," he asked.
"If the outside forces are trying to restrict us, we should not accept them," he added.
Stressing the need for country`s self-reliance in the economic and industrial sector, Bhagwat said the pressure created by the multinational companies is creating challenges before the whole world.
Dwelling on the current economic scenario, he said there was a need to encourage micro, small and medium enterprises in the country.
"India has remained unaffected due to the global economic slowdown because of its traditional economic policies and small-scale industries," Bhagwat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch