India`s first priority is to get our people back from Iraq, says MJ Akbar
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson MJ Akbar said Thursday that India`s first priority is to get the kidnapped Indians back home safely.
Akbar said, "India`s stand on the Iraq will be same as it was earlier and it`s a diplomatic challenge to get our people back. If our international friends can help us in achieving our goal, then it would really good for us. Our efforts will continue to rescue the stranded Indian nationals."
He added, "I feel this war is going to go on for long, as the roots of violence in Iraq is quite old and this ongoing war is not only going to affect other countries, but will also affect oil price and we will have to deal with it."
Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin had said on Wednesday that no ransom calls had been received as yet for the 40 Indians who remain uncontactable in Iraq, while the location of the alleged kidnapping is still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?