India’s Indigenous Aircraft Carrier will be ready in 2014
Kozhikode: Defence minister A K Antony on Tuesday
expressed the hope that the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, that
is being constructed at the Cochin Shipyard Limited, would be
ready for the final launch in 2014.
Speaking to mediapersons on the sidelines of the
foundation stone laying function for the National Institute
for Research and Development of Defence Shipbuilding
(NIRDESH), at nearby Chaliyam, said that the inspite of the
presence of Navy`s from nearly 18 countries including USA,
Russia, France, Germany, England and India, the piracy in the
Indian ocean had not come down.
`It is not possible to say that the Somalian pirates
alone are behind these acts. There are certain forces that are
helping these pirates`, he opined.
However, `it is not possible to pin-point who are the
external forces`, he said.
Antony said during his visit abroad, many countries have
also expressed their doubt that `some forces are behind these
The indigenation policy, Defence procurement policy and
Defence production policy are ready and would be announced
very soon, Antony said.
Pointing out that Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), which was
considered only as a dream, would become a reality as the
initial test operation of LCA will be done at Bangalore on
Indian Airforce had given orders for 40 LCA, Antony
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow