India’s Indigenous Aircraft Carrier will be ready in 2014
Kozhikode: Defence minister A K Antony on Tuesday
expressed the hope that the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, that
is being constructed at the Cochin Shipyard Limited, would be
ready for the final launch in 2014.
Speaking to mediapersons on the sidelines of the
foundation stone laying function for the National Institute
for Research and Development of Defence Shipbuilding
(NIRDESH), at nearby Chaliyam, said that the inspite of the
presence of Navy`s from nearly 18 countries including USA,
Russia, France, Germany, England and India, the piracy in the
Indian ocean had not come down.
`It is not possible to say that the Somalian pirates
alone are behind these acts. There are certain forces that are
helping these pirates`, he opined.
However, `it is not possible to pin-point who are the
external forces`, he said.
Antony said during his visit abroad, many countries have
also expressed their doubt that `some forces are behind these
The indigenation policy, Defence procurement policy and
Defence production policy are ready and would be announced
very soon, Antony said.
Pointing out that Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), which was
considered only as a dream, would become a reality as the
initial test operation of LCA will be done at Bangalore on
Indian Airforce had given orders for 40 LCA, Antony
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH