India’s new cities of opportunities listed
Bangalore: Households in Agra and Jalandhar
earn more than India`s average urban homes turning them into
`cities of opportunities`, says a survey.
Among others are Aurangabad, Bhubhaneshwar and Raipur
that have scope to be more vibrant, according to AlphaWise
Evidence Series report, on India Urbanisation -- a new
publication that surveys the top 200 cities in India by
population -- by Morgan Stanley.
The report, released today, reveals that Bangalore,
Hyderabad and Pune are the most vibrant cities among the top
50 cities in India.
Tier II cities like Mysore and Meerut feature in the top
10 cities, while Mumbai ranks 21st among India`s top 50
To be updated quarterly, the survey, measures the key
drivers of urbanisation such as physical infrastructure,
financial penetration, consumer services and job listings, the
"The index helps investors evaluate companies` strategic
positioning in urban centres and monitor sector trends over
time. It also acts as a guide on the relative level of
urbanisation across India`s top cities," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon