India`s new envoy to UK presents credentials to Queen
London: Veteran diplomat and India`s High Commissioner to the UK, Ranjan Mathai, Wednesday presented his credentials to Queen Elizabeth II at the Buckingham Palace.
"It was a great privilege to have been received at the palace and present my letters of credence to Her Majesty the Queen," Mathai said.
"I had a very interesting discussion with her and told her about the message that I had received from the President of India and Prime Minister of India about the strong sense we have about the relationship between our two countries," he said.
61-year-old Mathai, who had served as India`s foreign secretary, succeeded Jaimini Bhagwati who retired last year.
Mathai had previously served in Indian Missions in Vienna, Colombo, Washington, Paris, Tehran, Brussels and in London.
He earlier served in London as the deputy high commission from 2005 to 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...