India`s projects in Afghan will strengthen bilateral relations
Jammu: Noting that there are cultural
similarities between India and Afghanistan, Jammu and Kashmir
Governor N N Vohra today said the development projects being
carried out by the country in the war-ravaged nation would
help strengthening the bilateral relations.
"India is assisting Afghanistan in infrastructure
building...India`s relation with Afghanistan is embedded in
commonalities in civilisational and cultural context. The
historical relations between the two nations can not be
thwarted by vested interests...," Vohra said at the concluding
day of a three-day international conference in Jammu
The governor also dwelt on the factors and forces which
had led to the birth of ISI and Taliban.
He said opposition to India`s developmental projects in
Afghanistan would have a negative impact on the regional peace
Referring to the political situation in Pakistan, Vohra
said the growing instability in the neighbouring country is a
cause for concern to India.
India`s interest lies in a stable Pakistan enjoying a
peaceful relations with India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III