India`s rise as superpower in our interest: Mauritius Prez
Varanasi: Mauritius President Anerood Jugnauth
on Sunday said his country has an "unbreakable blood relationship"
with India and wants it to become a super power.
"We in our country hear about India and China becoming new
super powers and we really wish that India must become a super
power as soon as possible because it will be in our interest,"
Jugnauth said while inaugurating a seminar on the development
of Bhojpuri language at Banaras Hindu University here.
Calling for an enduring and stronger relationship with New
Delhi, he said, "We have an unbreakable blood relationship
with India, and so with its development and increasing
strength, we will automatically be benefited.
For India to become a super power, he said, a vision and
determination is required and if this country moves forward
with a vision and determination and fills the gap between the
development of urban and rural areas, there is no reason why
it can not be a super power.
Citing the example of his own country, Jugnauth said, "at
one stage when I first became the Prime Minister of Mauritius
in 1982, the entire western world declared us as `economically
unviable` country... but we did not lose hope ...and today we
are a fully developed country."
Earlier, the President of Mauritius reached here on a two
days` trip in the afternoon, from Lucknow.
During his visit to the holy city, he will attend the
Bhojpuri literature and art exhibition functions.
He will also meet industrialists and businessmen of the
region tomorrow morning and then leave for Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in