`India`s security scenario presents many tech challenges`
New Delhi: Terming the security industry as recession proof, a top government official Wednesday said the country has to overcome many technological challenges in the
present security scenario.
"The challenges are many. We have had a series of defence security exhibitions in last one year which has been extremely useful. They have given many organisations in India, both public and private, a taste of what equipments are available, what technological solutions are available and many of you would have seen that some of the paramilitary forces, state police forces have already moved ahead and have taken full opportunities that was presented before them," Union Home Secretary GK Pillai said.
Pillai, who was speaking at the inauguration of a global security exhibition, said security industry is perhaps one of the fastest growing industry in the world.
"I don`t have to say that the security industry in one sense or other is perhaps the fastest growing industry in the world today. Global recession was there but it never affected
the security industry. The opportunities therefore are immense," Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday