`India`s security scenario presents many tech challenges`
New Delhi: Terming the security industry as recession proof, a top government official Wednesday said the country has to overcome many technological challenges in the
present security scenario.
"The challenges are many. We have had a series of defence security exhibitions in last one year which has been extremely useful. They have given many organisations in India, both public and private, a taste of what equipments are available, what technological solutions are available and many of you would have seen that some of the paramilitary forces, state police forces have already moved ahead and have taken full opportunities that was presented before them," Union Home Secretary GK Pillai said.
Pillai, who was speaking at the inauguration of a global security exhibition, said security industry is perhaps one of the fastest growing industry in the world.
"I don`t have to say that the security industry in one sense or other is perhaps the fastest growing industry in the world today. Global recession was there but it never affected
the security industry. The opportunities therefore are immense," Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan