`India`s security scenario presents many tech challenges`
New Delhi: Terming the security industry as recession proof, a top government official Wednesday said the country has to overcome many technological challenges in the
present security scenario.
"The challenges are many. We have had a series of defence security exhibitions in last one year which has been extremely useful. They have given many organisations in India, both public and private, a taste of what equipments are available, what technological solutions are available and many of you would have seen that some of the paramilitary forces, state police forces have already moved ahead and have taken full opportunities that was presented before them," Union Home Secretary GK Pillai said.
Pillai, who was speaking at the inauguration of a global security exhibition, said security industry is perhaps one of the fastest growing industry in the world.
"I don`t have to say that the security industry in one sense or other is perhaps the fastest growing industry in the world today. Global recession was there but it never affected
the security industry. The opportunities therefore are immense," Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends