India’s soft stand on Chinese incursions detrimental: Yashwant Sinha
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yashwant Sinha on Friday questioned the UPA Government’s delay in promptly reacting to or responding to alleged incursions by Chinese troops in Ladakh.
Warning that this “soft stand” by the Indian Government could be detrimental to the nation’s long-term future, Sinha hoped Defence Minister AK Antony would give a statement in Parliament on the issue, including what counter measures New Delhi is taking to prevent such incursions.
Calling on the government to act with a sense of immediacy, he said: “Yesterday, I raised this issue in Lok Sabha. The government has promised that the defence minister will give a statement today. I feel China has a plan to creep inside slowly. They have captured some of our area and they are not allowing our forces to patrol in their own area. India is still lenient with countries, whether you take China or Pakistan, or any other country. But this soft attitude cannot work with China.”
Antony is likely to confirm whether Chinese troops have occupied 640 kilometres of Indian territory near the border in north-east Ladakh, in April or not.
A National Security Advisory Board (NSAB) ground situation report has stressed that the Chinese side had stopped Indian troops from patrolling the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and the latter has lost access to the line in some areas in eastern Ladakh.
The report was submitted last month after NSAB Chairman Shyam Saran was asked by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to oversee the border infrastructure development and situation at the LAC by visiting the Ladakh and Siachen sectors.
According to reports, the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) of China has gradually occupied nearly 640 square kilometres of area on the LAC in Ladakh in the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune