Indigo flight grounded after bomb threat
New Delhi: A Hyderabad-bound Indigo flight received a bomb threat at the IGI airport here on Sunday night, forcing authorities to ground the aircraft and evacuate the passengers.
Officials said the cleaning up of the plane is going on and it is not yet verified whether it was a hoax call. Anti-sabotage checks are also being carried out on the aircraft 6E 307.
It is suspected that the call was made in a bid to delay the flight by a few hours, a CISF official said.
The 164 passengers on board the plane, including five crew members, were safely evacuated and the aircraft was moved to the isolation bay.
Meanwhile, a man, identified as 20-year-old Mubarak, has been arrested from Bhagirath Vihar area in East Delhi in this connection, DCP (IGI, Airport) K C Trivedi said.
Mubarak is the relative of one of the three passengers, identified as Ruzwan Malik, who reported late for the flight, a CISF official said.
The arrest came after the CISF personnel provided the Delhi police with the number of the PCO in Yamuna Vihar from which Mubarak had allegedly called the Indigo call centre, claiming there were explosives and weapons on board the plane.
An Indigo spokesperson said, "Our call centre received a threat and we instantly acted and grounded the flight. All passengers are safe".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!