IndiGo grounds pilot on complaints of fake licensing
New Delhi: No-frills carrier IndiGo on Monday grounded a new pilot in its ranks who has been under scanner
of the criminal investigating agencies and issued a show-cause
notice to him.
However, the airline maintained that Captain Syed Habeeb
Ali had "never flown for IndiGo till date" as he had joined
just about six weeks back and has been "absconding for a week
or so" after that.
Noting that Ali was grounded following information about
the probe against him and his records, an airline spokesperson
said his Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) was issued
before he had joined IndiGo.
"Captain Ali has been grounded and a show-cause notice is
being issued," she said.
Sources said the information received from the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the police regarding the
documents submitted by him to get the ATPL led to further
The airline has already set up a team of senior executives
to work on the fake licensing issue and "we are reviewing all
our internal records and providing them to the DGCA to help
them with their investigation", the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday