IndiGo grounds pilot on complaints of fake licensing
New Delhi: No-frills carrier IndiGo on Monday grounded a new pilot in its ranks who has been under scanner
of the criminal investigating agencies and issued a show-cause
notice to him.
However, the airline maintained that Captain Syed Habeeb
Ali had "never flown for IndiGo till date" as he had joined
just about six weeks back and has been "absconding for a week
or so" after that.
Noting that Ali was grounded following information about
the probe against him and his records, an airline spokesperson
said his Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) was issued
before he had joined IndiGo.
"Captain Ali has been grounded and a show-cause notice is
being issued," she said.
Sources said the information received from the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the police regarding the
documents submitted by him to get the ATPL led to further
The airline has already set up a team of senior executives
to work on the fake licensing issue and "we are reviewing all
our internal records and providing them to the DGCA to help
them with their investigation", the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested