`Indo-Bangla trade will impact if unrest persist`
Kolkata: Indo-Bangla border trade could be adversely affected if the current political unrest in Bangladesh persists further, according to Bengal National Chamber of Commerce and Industry secretary DP Nag.
"So far there is no major impact except in the Malda border where trade got stranded, but if the unrest persists then it will have a negative impact," Nag said.
Main border trade takes place from the Petrapole-Benapole border and this land route accounts for almost one-third of total bilateral trade of around $5.5 billion.
India exports to Bangladesh include cotton, vehicles & parts, cereals, animal feed/ food waste, boilers iron & steel organic chemicals, mineral fuels, waxes and bituminous items.
The main Bangladesh items of exports to India include raw jute, jute goods, fish & oils etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love