Indo-Bangladesh border talks due next week
New Delhi: A top-level delegation of Bangladeshi border guards will arrive here next week for five-day talks with the BSF on a host of issues related to crimes and illegal movement along the Indo-Bangla frontier.
A delegation of Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) led by their director general Maj Gen Aziz Ahmed will have talks with the BSF team led by their chief Subhash Joshi and representatives of the Union Home Ministry and Ministry of External Affairs.
The meeting will begin on March 19.
Both the forces will hold talks on a number of issues which are relevant for the security of the open Indo-Bangladesh border including cross-border movement of locals and criminals, smuggling of cattle and narcotics and issues related to Indian insurgents reportedly on the other side of the border.
As a symbolic gesture of enhancing confidence building measures (CBMs) between the two countries, both the forces will also play a friendly volleyball match in Delhi on March 16 which will be inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Home Affairs R P N Singh.
"The Maitree cup volleyball match will be held on March 16 at the Thyagraj stadium here. The BSF and BGB will play a similar friendly match on March 14 in Kolkata," the BSF said in an official statement.
The DG level talks between the two border guarding forces is a bi-annual affair with each country hosting its counterpart once at its national capital.
The BSF guards 4096 km of the Indo-Bangladesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read