Indo-Bhutan interaction held in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Representatives from Bhutan and
Arunachal Pradesh had an interaction on issues pertaining to
Indo-Bhutan relationship in Arunachal Pradesh.
Dasho Lungten Dorji, the Deputy Commissioner of
Tashigong district of Bhutan, who led a delegation held
discussion with his Tawang counterpart Gamli Padu at Tawang on
Monday, official sources said on Wednesday.
During the discussion it was decided that for any case
of movement in the check gates, be it pilgrimage or filming,
the people should get prior approval from the concerned
authority from Tawang or Bhutan.
In case of any problem on the Bhutan side, Dorji said
the tourists need not panic but directly approach the village
gup or the SDO.
Sporadic issues relating to grazing, cattle lifting,
damage of borer pillars also figured during the discussion.
Elaborating on rebuilding border pillar numbers 333
and 349, Padu said the matter had been apprised to the Centre
and talks were on between the two countries.
Mitul Kumar, Commandant SSB suggested that there
should be joint border patrolling from both sides, to which
Dorji articulated that he would take up the issue to higher
level to do it at least twice a year, sources said.
During the visit, which aimed at increasing the
administration-to-administration and people-to-people contact,
Dorji was accompanied by Tshewang Tobgyel, a Sub-Divisional
Officer and Phurba Wangdi, a Gup (gaon burah).
At the meeting, the Tawang DC was accompanied by
district SP S N Mosobi, officials from SSB, which guards the
Indo-Bhutan border and some officials from intelligence
Tawang and the eastern parts of Bhutan including
Sapteng and Merak have business as well as family ties since
time immemorial, Dorji said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday