Indo-China defence dialogue to enhance cooperation
New Delhi: India and China will discuss
enhancing their cooperation in counter terrorism and
insurgency operations during their Annual Defence Dialogue
(ADD) starting here on December 9.
One of the focus areas during the talks would be to
enhance cooperation in the field of counter terrorism and
counter insurgency, Army sources said here.
The two countries will also discuss the resumption of
their joint military exercise and the pending border issues
between them at the talks, they said.
At the two Hand-to-Hand series of Army exercises held
between them, the two countries have focused on operating in
a counter-terrorist operational exercise with simulated enemy.
The first edition of the exercise had taken place in
Kunming in China in 2007 and the second was held in Belgaum in
At the talks, the Indian side will be led by Defence
Secretary Shashikant Sharma whereas the Chinese delegation
will be headed by a senior People`s Liberation Army officer.
The last round of Sino-Indian defence dialogue had taken
place in Beijing in January 2010.
New Delhi had suspended military exchanges with China in
August 2010 after it refused to grant permission to a senior
Indian Army Commander to proceed on an official trip to
As an immediate fallout of the event, India refused to
hold the third round of exercise with China and had put all
other military exchanges on hold.
Putting an end to the strained military relations, India
had sent its first military delegation to Beijing in June this
year. China also reciprocated by sending its military
delegations under a Lieutenant General earlier this month.
India and China will also hold the special envoy level
talks on the issue of border management here before the end of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!