Indo-China defence dialogue to enhance cooperation
New Delhi: India and China will discuss
enhancing their cooperation in counter terrorism and
insurgency operations during their Annual Defence Dialogue
(ADD) starting here on December 9.
One of the focus areas during the talks would be to
enhance cooperation in the field of counter terrorism and
counter insurgency, Army sources said here.
The two countries will also discuss the resumption of
their joint military exercise and the pending border issues
between them at the talks, they said.
At the two Hand-to-Hand series of Army exercises held
between them, the two countries have focused on operating in
a counter-terrorist operational exercise with simulated enemy.
The first edition of the exercise had taken place in
Kunming in China in 2007 and the second was held in Belgaum in
At the talks, the Indian side will be led by Defence
Secretary Shashikant Sharma whereas the Chinese delegation
will be headed by a senior People`s Liberation Army officer.
The last round of Sino-Indian defence dialogue had taken
place in Beijing in January 2010.
New Delhi had suspended military exchanges with China in
August 2010 after it refused to grant permission to a senior
Indian Army Commander to proceed on an official trip to
As an immediate fallout of the event, India refused to
hold the third round of exercise with China and had put all
other military exchanges on hold.
Putting an end to the strained military relations, India
had sent its first military delegation to Beijing in June this
year. China also reciprocated by sending its military
delegations under a Lieutenant General earlier this month.
India and China will also hold the special envoy level
talks on the issue of border management here before the end of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan