Indo-Nepal joint military training ends
Pithoragarh: A magnificent parade and customary exchange of mementos marked the culmination of the 5th Indo-Nepal joint military training in Pithoragarh on Sunday.
The training session, named Surya Kiran V, began on September 23 and was conducted under the aegis of Gurur Division of Indian Army, a press release said here today.
The training was aimed at not only preparing troops from both countries for counter-terrorism operations, but also to strengthen defence and military cooperations between the neighbouring states.
"This exercise provided an ideal platform for army personnel from India and Nepal to exchange their experiences in counter-terrorism activities in mountainous regions," the army release stated.
The training also delved in disaster response and management.
The combined military training programmes are based on an agreement which was signed during the meeting of 7th India-Nepal bilateral consultative group on security.
"The joint exercises between the two counties had began at platoon level in 2011 and have now reached battalion level," said an army source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed