Indo-Pak forces skip exchange of greetings on Eid in Poonch
Jammu/Attari: Amid tension over the killing of five Indian soldiers along Line of Control, Indian and Pakistani forces on Friday skipped the traditional exchange of greetings at Poonch on the occasion of Eid, officials said.
However, soldiers posted on both sides at the Attari border in Punjab exchanged greetings and sweets on the occasion, an Army official here said, adding personnel from both the forces embraced and shook hands.
The exchange of greetings between the border guarding forces from both sides here happened in the presence of BSF Commandant Kunal Mazmdar and Pakistan`s Wing Commander Adnan Sher and other officials, he said.
The BSF and Pakistan Rangers also exchanged sweets at Octroi post in a brief ceremony at RS Pura of Jammu and at the Attari/Wagah Joint Check Post in Punja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon