Indo-Pak forces skip exchange of greetings on Eid in Poonch
Jammu/Attari: Amid tension over the killing of five Indian soldiers along Line of Control, Indian and Pakistani forces on Friday skipped the traditional exchange of greetings at Poonch on the occasion of Eid, officials said.
However, soldiers posted on both sides at the Attari border in Punjab exchanged greetings and sweets on the occasion, an Army official here said, adding personnel from both the forces embraced and shook hands.
The exchange of greetings between the border guarding forces from both sides here happened in the presence of BSF Commandant Kunal Mazmdar and Pakistan`s Wing Commander Adnan Sher and other officials, he said.
The BSF and Pakistan Rangers also exchanged sweets at Octroi post in a brief ceremony at RS Pura of Jammu and at the Attari/Wagah Joint Check Post in Punja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed