Indo-Pak Foreign Secy level talks likely in Feb
New Delhi: India on Sunday said that Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao is likely to meet her Pakistani counterpart on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting in Bhutan early next month.
This comes ahead of a possible visit by Pakistan Foreign Minister SM Qureshi to India.
The Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in Thimpu on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting on February-6-7, an official spokesperson said.
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had said that Foreign Secretaries of the two countries will meet to "clear the ground for a very productive meeting" between the two Foreign Ministers.
Pakistan had yesterday said that Qureshi will visit India if the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries evolve a "comprehensive agenda" for resuming the stalled composite dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users