Indo-Pak Foreign Secy level talks likely in Feb
New Delhi: India on Sunday said that Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao is likely to meet her Pakistani counterpart on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting in Bhutan early next month.
This comes ahead of a possible visit by Pakistan Foreign Minister SM Qureshi to India.
The Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in Thimpu on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting on February-6-7, an official spokesperson said.
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had said that Foreign Secretaries of the two countries will meet to "clear the ground for a very productive meeting" between the two Foreign Ministers.
Pakistan had yesterday said that Qureshi will visit India if the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries evolve a "comprehensive agenda" for resuming the stalled composite dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you