Indo-Pak Foreign Secy level talks likely in Feb
New Delhi: India on Sunday said that Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao is likely to meet her Pakistani counterpart on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting in Bhutan early next month.
This comes ahead of a possible visit by Pakistan Foreign Minister SM Qureshi to India.
The Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in Thimpu on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting on February-6-7, an official spokesperson said.
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had said that Foreign Secretaries of the two countries will meet to "clear the ground for a very productive meeting" between the two Foreign Ministers.
Pakistan had yesterday said that Qureshi will visit India if the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries evolve a "comprehensive agenda" for resuming the stalled composite dialogue.
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs