Indo-Pak Foreign Secy level talks likely in Feb
New Delhi: India on Sunday said that Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao is likely to meet her Pakistani counterpart on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting in Bhutan early next month.
This comes ahead of a possible visit by Pakistan Foreign Minister SM Qureshi to India.
The Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in Thimpu on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting on February-6-7, an official spokesperson said.
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had said that Foreign Secretaries of the two countries will meet to "clear the ground for a very productive meeting" between the two Foreign Ministers.
Pakistan had yesterday said that Qureshi will visit India if the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries evolve a "comprehensive agenda" for resuming the stalled composite dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him