Indo-Pak Foreign Secy level talks likely in Feb
New Delhi: India on Sunday said that Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao is likely to meet her Pakistani counterpart on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting in Bhutan early next month.
This comes ahead of a possible visit by Pakistan Foreign Minister SM Qureshi to India.
The Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in Thimpu on the sidelines of the SAARC Standing Committee meeting on February-6-7, an official spokesperson said.
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had said that Foreign Secretaries of the two countries will meet to "clear the ground for a very productive meeting" between the two Foreign Ministers.
Pakistan had yesterday said that Qureshi will visit India if the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries evolve a "comprehensive agenda" for resuming the stalled composite dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video