Indo-Pak home secy talks positive development: Chidambaram
New Delhi: Describing the recent Indo-Pak
Home Secretary-level talks as a positive development, Home
Minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday said it is one of the many steps
to be taken towards resolution of disputes between the two
"It is a positive step. It is one among many steps that
have to be taken towards resolution of disputes between India
and Pakistan," he told reporters on his asked about his
assessment on the two-day talks here between Home Secretary
GK Pillai and Chaudhary Qamar Zaman on March 28-29.
Chidambaram said Zaman has invited Pillai to visit
Pakistan for the next round of talks.
"In the meanwhile, the joint working group will meet (to
discuss liberal visa regime). These are positive developments
consistent with the government of India`s policies enunciated
by the Prime Minister and we are happy to play our role in the
Ministry of Home Affairs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!